The Blanket

As I pondered the last thing that I would place on the precious body of my baby, 
nothing seemed good enough. 
I searched around and tried to imagine the beautiful gowns, but it just didn't seem right...
I thought, "All I want is to swaddle her one last time."
So this is what Nate and I designed together.


We chose white to represent her purity.
We chose fabrics that would be incredibly soft and warm.
We wanted this blanket to represent us wrapping her in our love
until that glorious day we get to hold her again.
We took the materials to a dear sweet lady who had done alterations for us before.
We told her what had happened and she shared with us how she had experience similar loss.
She took an entire day of her business to complete this project for us,
even making a pillow for us to keep.
And when we came to pick it up and asked how much we owed,
we were told there was no charge.
I could feel the love in every stitch.
This was what we wanted.
The body was an empty frame, and physically, it felt like wrapping a doll.
But for a brief moment I felt that Destiny knew what we had done for her
and I felt her love within me swell.




No comments:

Post a Comment