Namesake

Another landmark has come and passed. A year ago we found out we had indeed conceived. With no medical confirmation, no sure knowledge of gender, just the feeling within a woman. The feeling of expectation, the feeling of wonder, the hopes fulfilled, that we were working a miracle with God, to fulfill our covenant, to be fruitful, to build up his kingdom by adding to our family.
In the past I had received revelation concerning the names our children. I felt sure that the names were written in the order they would come to us. With J & with Sweet P the pattern had been fulfilled. So, I began thinking that this new life on it's way would be a girl and we began telling family the next name on our list.
However as I said the name aloud I kept getting an inner twinge of resistance... No, that isn't the right name.
Going back to my list I saw the name I knew should be hers.
Destiny Lynn Cassani's heart had already begun its earthly journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment