Sweet P and Daddy

I hope it won't sound too much like we are picking favorites...

When we had J it was during a time that was pretty stressful for Nate. He was working long hours, driving a long commute and had not started taking medication. We had not yet identified the signs of depression, the sleepless nights, racing thoughts and quick to feel attacked in a serious conversation.
J was our first child and I sincerely wish that it had been more cause for celebration for Nate. Often times having a baby in the house led to more irritation.




Things have changed so much in the past 3 years, different work, medication, and a different life style.


This time with Sweet P has been different. Nate gets to enjoy all the cooing and cuteness that I enjoyed with J and it is so endearing for me to watch. I'm sad that J didn't have the same daddy from the beginning.


Recently it was so fun to see Nate and J to go sledding together. Like a genius, I didn't take any pictures. I fully expected Nate to get wet and tired and want to go home after just a few runs down the hill. Instead he was like a big kid that begged to stay longer and put off other errands for another day and J was happy to be with his daddy. It was a bonding time for them that I will treasure and look forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment