Sugar Cookies

Nate's sister, Meili, came to stay with us for the weekend. We had fun together, playing games, talking, watching Netflix. Saturday evening Mei was having a major sugar craving. We just don't keep much ready made treats in our house, it's my way of avoiding too much sugar... The more I have to work to make the treat the less likely I am to eat what I don't really need.

But for her sake I went on safari and found a recipe that we had all the ingredients for...
The recipe was called "sugar cookies" and it called for 9 cups of flour, among other ingredients.

I knew right away that it would be a huge batch... I really should have cut the recipe in half but it had been a long day and my brain could NOT handle numbers (I tried). So we made the recipe with 9 cups of flour.

Poor Mei. I don't think she knew what she was getting herself into when she suggested we make cookies. I helped preheat the oven, pull out the ingredients, measure the right amount and mix the dough. I had Mei wash the pans and do all the spooning out the dough, putting the pans in the oven and putting the cookies on plates to cool. Pan after pan after pan...

In the end we had 3 gallon size zip-lock backs FULL of "sugar cookies."

They would have been better with icing, which I actually tried to find another recipe for but I didn't have any of the right ingredients, so I settled for having a glass of coconut milk with my cookies. The texture of the cookies themselves was more like a sweet bread. We were a little disappointed since we both like a cookie that is a little more moist/gooey. But over all the flavor was good and we got our sugar fix...

Does anyone want some cookies? We still have some...

No comments:

Post a Comment